With Lino in Argentina this week, what better time is there to reflect on days gone by when he was actually in studio doing a show? Today we take you back to February 22, 2010, Lino's first day back in studio after last year's Mardi Gras/Ash Wednesday broadcasts from New Orleans:
- Lino started off by declaring that the listeners had hate in their hearts b/c he took Thursday & Friday off instead of doing a show. He also said that today's show was going to tread water b/c the crew was still so tired from the New Orleans trip (and possibly b/c he burned through all of his funny material on the dates he had over the weekend).
- After stating that he's pretty certain that he won't be discerning a vocation to the priesthood anytime soon, Lino dished on the two dates he went on this over the weekend (and neither date knew about TCGS beforehand):
- Date #1 (Saturday): Went to a Mexican restaurant. Had about four drinks each. Talked about Catholicism, comedy, Letterman. Only 50% Italian. Both were in Italy when JPII passed away. Kissed each other on the cheek good night. Total time: around 3½-4 hours.
- Date #2 (Sunday): Went to the Museum of Modern Art, then to Italian restaurant afterwards. Had two drinks or so each. Jersey girl™, 100% Italian. Doesn't go to church much, believes in reincarnation. Another kiss on the cheek good night. Total time: around 6 hours.
- Today was Maureen's 6-month wedding anniversary, and Lino had the listeners call in with their interesting engagement stories. Most notable: dustin called and explained that she washed her then-fiance's feet at dinner, and proposed while on his knees washing. He also indirectly brought up Lino's date way back when with Mary Beth Bonacci, and then took a cheap swipe at Gus Lloyd.
- After Kayla stopped by to rate Christian music with the crew, they tore apart Father Jim's most recent Sunday homily (entitled "Hey, What's Up Doc?") in Mystery Science Homilies.
- The show ended with an installment of Where In The World Is Lino Rulli, followed by Father Dave talking w/ Lino about the New Orleans trip.